This position will be responsible for the care and welfare of clients and volunteers who work with clients and client needs. This person will recruit and supervise the volunteers who work with clients, work with the Executive Director & Clinical Director to plan client programming throughout the year, and speak at community events as well as reach out to the community and churches to promote Oaks services. The Ministry Coordinator also ensures material and facility resources are being used efficiently (material goods donations and facility items) as well as all volunteer services so that everything will glorify God.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Is a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Exhibits a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Agrees with and is willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of OFCC.
- Has strong administrative and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work as a team with other members of leadership.
- Will uphold client and donor confidentiality.
- Is dependable, responsible, and capable of following through on commitments independently.
- Recruit, train, & evaluate volunteers; Provide new volunteer orientation and supervision.
- Maintain up-to-date brochures and educational information for clients
- Provide quarterly trainings for all volunteers
- Supervise & schedule community service clients and service day groups
- Development of client incentives for participating in different groups or counseling
- Identify community programs/trainings that enhance ongoing education for volunteers & staff
- Providing support, organizing space, & scheduling of volunteer group leaders for programs being provided
- Oversee or develop marketing brochures for classes and programs as needed
- Scheduling volunteers for activities, events, and programs
- Scheduling clients for follow up visits as needed
- Support staff with programs and daily activities
- Helping walk-in clients
- Maintaining up-to-date records of volunteers; Check in with inactive volunteers throughout the year.
- Provide information articles or programming information for the newsletter as needed
- Oversee Material Goods volunteers and provide help as needed
- Maintain Oaks’ Calendar of Events and Facebook page as well as update community calendars/BAT/Brunswick Sign/Outside Agencies about new/upcoming programming at Oaks
- Schedule and attend meetings/appointments with community businesses and churches to promote Oaks services and build volunteer roster
- Typing documents, faxing, scheduling
- Answer phone calls & provide referrals as needed
- Help with coordination & preparation for special events (Adopt-a-Family, fundraisers, etc) as well as assemble volunteer teams to help with each event
- Prayer support for clients, volunteers, and staff
- Attend all staff meetings
- Help to maintain a clean and organized facility
- Work with marketing team to create effective marketing campaigns for programs & Oaks
Part-time Registered Sonographer:
Oaks Family Care Center of Brunswick is looking for a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer to join their team. Oaks provides free limited obstetric ultrasounds to women in their first and early second trimester of pregnancy. The position consists in working one day a week based on patient volume. If you are interested and have a heart for pro-life work, please contact the Oaks at 330-220-7777.
Oaks is looking for part-time counselor, up to 20 hrs/week includes evenings.
Christian counseling and pregnancy center seeking a counselor or social worker for their Counseling Recovery and Healing Program. This position reports to the Executive Director and is part-time (20 hours a week) and includes evenings.
- Providing counseling, education, and supportive services for individuals, teens, families, and couples dealing with stressful life issues
- This position also includes providing educational classes on such issues as parenting and relationships
- Maintaining required paperwork that meets clinical standards
- Participaing in volunteer and staff trainings as needed
- Speaking at women’s groups and other community programs as needed
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings & trainings
- Representing the agency at various community networks and programs as needed
Experience & Skills
- Warm and out-going and able to connect to people in crisis
- Comfortable with all ages and genders
- Dependable and organized with strong time management skills
- Comfortable working as a team member with staff and volunteers on special projects
- Comfortable applying Biblical principals working with families and individuals
- Previous experience working with families, children, and teens in crisis a plus
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Oaks Family Care Center
Attn: Kristen Nagy
4196 Center Rd.
Brunswick, OH 44212
Fax: (330) 220-7817